General

What can we do to help your research?

Here you can suggest and vote on improvements for future Mendeley releases.

If you have a suggestion regarding a specific part of Mendeley, please use the links on the right hand side of the window to add your suggestion to the corresponding area.

If you are looking for help using Mendeley or encounter any problems, please visit our Support Forum

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improve quality of automatic metadata extraction

Improve the quality of the automatic metadata extraction; add automatic retrieval of metadata from arXiv, PubMed etc.

2,697 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  189 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paper watching : alert when some new paper cites it

You could tag an article of your library for being watched. The system would continuously check if some new paper is citing the paper of interest (just keep an eye on the number of citations in google scholar for example). It could display these new articles as an RSS feed or as a list of suggestion where you would just have to check boxes to include or not the new articles in your library.

1,996 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have discussed the possibility of getting this implemented with some of our Developers here, we certainly would be interested in making this change a reality, however, it would require a lot of ground work so may be some time down the line.

3. Make Mendeley compatible with Scrivener

It would be great if Mendeley worked with Scrivener for writing large bodies of work, like books, dissertations etc. I'm about to start a Ph.D. and thinking I will have to stop using Mendeley and export all my references to a referencing system that is compatible.

1,503 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    194 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Insert citations and bibliographies into Google Docs on Google Drive

Find a way to insert citations and automatically generate bibliographies (just like with the Word Plugin) in Google Docs.

1,482 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  90 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add MathSciNet support to bookmarklet and mrnumber field to bibtex

Please add support for MathScinet (http://www.ams.org/mathscinet). It's a massive index of mathematical research articles; it covers a large proportion of articles from the mid 1940's, and even goes back to the 1820's.

Articles listed in MathSciNet have a Math Reviews number, which I guess is like a PubMed ID but, well, for math. I would really like to have a "MR number" field, just like there's a DOI and PMID field now.

Without these features, Mendeley will be of almost zero use to most mathematicians.

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow automatic import of research catalog data for existing entry

The "View research catalog entry for this paper" is useless. I don't want to view this for a paper I already have in Mendeley. What I want is a way to automatically add missing information for the currently selected paper from the research catalog. Currently, this is very complicated. You have to: View the research catalog entry in browser, select the bibtex data and save it to a bibtext file, import this file to mendeley, delete the old entry, add the pdf file to the new entry.
    I mean: you guys managed to associate the paper with the research catalog…

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add institution support for site bookmarklet

When I download papers, I normally do it through my University which has an institute license with the likes of ieeexplore etc. The bookmarklet doesn't seem to support this, perhaps because the url is slightly different. A fix would be awesome!

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Web Team have been made aware of this request. We realize it is quite requested, but would require a lot of work on the importer to change how it works to allow it to work with other institutional pages or EZproxies. Regardless, it has been logged and should be reviewed shortly.

9. sort order of publications in web library

the web version of the library always sorts the publications alphabetically in the title, it would be nice to be able to change that option, and be able to sort publications by date, date added, authors, journal, most frequently read (by yourself and others), most citations, etc...

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Full-text search in My Library on Mendeley Web

At the moment, there is no search functionality in My Library on Mendeley Web. It should support full-text search like in Mendeley Desktop.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been suggested to our Web Team, however, it would be very difficult to implement and may be quite time consuming for our relatively small team. However, there are plans to completely overhaul the online library which may introduce a similar feature.

11. RSS reader in Mendeley Web

In my statistics tab, or a new tab for discovery, I'd love to be able to browse my own feeds, and have Mendeley generate some that may be of interest to me. For example, Mendeley could provide TOC of my top journals (working with ticTOCs?), and I'd also want the ability to add feeds of subject or citation alerts, etc.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IFTTT channel

Can Mendeley open a channel so that IFTTT can be used to create new recipes.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zotero-like Firefox & Chrome extensions

I'm a blogger and online article publisher. I realize Mendeley is incorporating support for Zotero, although unfortunately Zotero doesn't appear to be doing the same for Mendeley. The Zotero developers aren't interested in a Chrome extension for Zotero anytime soon either. But I would really like a Zotero-like Mendeley extension for Chrome especially (now my primary browser), but also Firefox, for both creating bibliographic entries in Mendeley and also inserting them and citations into web forms like Google Docs and WordPress for posts and pages.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. more elaborate academic disciplines

maybe people can but in here some missing categories. i am sure there are some ontologies around for academic fields, maybe check a library catalogue:

biological science -> neuroscience

interdisciplinar fields
    neuroinformatics
    computational neuroscience
    neuromorphic engineering

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions. We have an ongoing ticket with our Development Team for adding new disciplines. I have added all the requests below to the ticket, for future requests for additional academic disciplines please e-mail support@mendeley.com, specifying what discipline you would like to be added and what sub-disciplines (if appropriate) and say you would like it adding to the WWW-6685 ticket. Thanks.

15. 72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mendeley Import should work on the new APS websites

It used to work with the old version of the website, so it should also work now.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add journal table of content browsing

My primary method of article discovery (other than when searching ISI and Google scholar) is subscribing to journal RSS feeds and browsing them in Google reader. There would be some big advantages to integrating this with Mendeley (probably in the web interface, not the desktop). First, it would make it really easy to flag new articles as I discover them, perhaps placing them in a "my reading list" or "papers of interest" queue. Second, this would facilitate adding these papers to my Mendeley database (while allowing me to discard those I am not interested in). Third, it would allow Mendeley…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. To add databases which support Save to Mendeley

To develop agreements with databases in Spanish like Redalyc, Scielo, Pepsic and Dialnet to use Save to Mendeley buttom directly into their websites. Those databases are open access and a major contribution to researchers in Latin American countries.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. support Embase web importing

Embase is currently not supported by Mendeley, and it is a very useful site for researchers to search for articles in.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. to sort papers in the Embed profile widget by publication year

When using the 'Embed profile widget', the papers appear by alphabetical order of the paper title. They should appear by published year, most recent first. Or this should be an option. Indeed, this tool, the Embed profile Widget, is very interesting to show put-to-date publication list by an author, but it does not help much if the new paper appear somewhere in the list due to its alphabetical order.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base