General

What can we do to help your research?

Here you can suggest and vote on improvements for future Mendeley releases.

If you have a suggestion regarding a specific part of Mendeley, please use the links on the right hand side of the window to add your suggestion to the corresponding area.

If you are looking for help using Mendeley or encounter any problems, please visit our Support Forum

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. fix newspaper referencing (day, month)

It seems to not be possible to display day and month of newspaper articles in the bibliography. If that is indeed the case, Mendeley is practically unusable. Where exactly is the problem here?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve zoom in reader

The only thing that bother me in Mendeley reader is lack of choosing fit to windows width feature!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provide separate package and repository .deb packages

Could you please remove the /opt/mendeleydesktop/apt/setup-apt-repository.py from the postinst script from the package? This is just annoying when you are behind a firewall.
    Instead you could provide a .deb package that only configures the online repository and a package with a full download, without the repository configuration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PHone number to contact Mendeley

Please, i and my company are having problems with Mendeley since november and no action was taken.

The owner of the account left the company and i asked Mendeley to change the email of the accounts owner. Since that, all our articles were deleted and the account.

Now Mendeley is saying that I did not have an account.

It is taken a long time for Mendeley to answer and I really wanted a phone to call you.

thank you
    Mariana

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cross reference between citation and bibliography

We would like Mendeley MS Word PlugIn to be able to link between the in-text reference and the full citation inside the bibliography. This would work like MSWord Cross Reference option. I would be really useful when reading large documents.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase scrolling speed (Mac)

I just bought a new 2016 Macbook Pro and Mendeley's scrolling speed is just ludicrously slow. Other PDF viewers such as Preview or Skim behave nicely and smoothly but Mendeley's scrolling is super slow. Please help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Icons too small on 4k display (windows 10)

When using Mendeley on Windows 10 with 4k display, icons are so small, I cannot even make out what they are.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. convert Mendeley bibliography to MS word bib and vice a versa

In a large project requiring compilation of inputs from many contributors (example - compilation of a state of the art report) it would be very useful if the Mendeley bibliography could be converted to an MS-word bibliography. Or at least the reverse - Ms word bib to Mendeley bib. This way, even when some contributors use Mendeley, and others MS word, the links all stay alive when combining and numbers all update nicely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibility to open the same files multiple time / add different view for file reading

I would suggest to add the possibility to open the same file multiple times, either in different tab or in different windows. So it would be possible to see a figure page 9 of file X and read a description of that same figure page 14 of the same file X. Other example, let the references visible while reading the article.

It would be nice also to add different view, for example side by side in order to compare figure 1 of file X with figure 1 of file Y without using an other software or switching between tabs.

Moreover,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Decrease the lag time from e-publication until the citations appear in My Stats

I currently have 3 publications that were e-published between 1 and 7 months ago. The "hard" publication for the 7-month old one is now at least 3 months old. I sent the info to Scopus...and they said "it's a Mendeley problem." Either make it so I can add my citations...and the system can double-check to make sure it's real...and then ADD it to my stats/pubs listings...or...you need to get way more efficient at adding new citations to My Stats. The lag should be less than 1 month with modern search tech.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. deleting TAGS from pop down menu

I was struggling to get old TAGS removed from pop down menu and I came up with this strategy
    1) create a new TAG and name it TRASH (arbitrarily...)
    2) drag and drop the TAGS you want to remove on the TRASH TAG: now they change to TRASH
    3) from the TAGS pop down menu select TRASH
    4) select all the paper
    5) go to the DETAILS window and delete TRASH from the TAG
    6) TRASH TAGS is now deleted from the pop down menu: DONE!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance the sorting functions after search is complete

If you search using Author Keywords the display format remains in whatever mode you have selected and you can click on any column to sort by that column. However when you search using the Search box in upper right the display format changes to something that is neither citation nor table format. You can click on view to reset it (which is a wasted keystroke), but once you do it will not sort when you click on column headings.

Another drawback is that if you search by Author Keyword the bottom of the screen automatically displays XX of XXX documents…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Harmonize keyboard shortcuts on Mac

Most apps on Mac (Finder etc) have shortcut for entering Full Screen (Ctrl+Cmd+F) and for switching between tabs (Alt+Cmd+Left and/or Alt+Cmd+[). It would be great if Mendeley would have the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Side by side page view

I know this request has been turned down numerously, but please think as now there are no more 14inch monitors, people use big screens for increasing readability please invoke side by side page view feature, as on big screens scrolling down becomes hectic for every page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to mark entries with different colors

Right now we are only allowed to star entries to highlight them. I would love to be able to categorize my articles by type -- for example, one color for randomized trials, one for review papers, one for meta-analyses, one for observational studies. This would greatly assist with review of articles when writing a paper or chapter.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. the citation format for ”cell reasearch“ is not correct

the number should be superscripted like 1,2 not [1][2], i really like your software and i really really want this problem be solved as i don't want to use endnote.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pin one or more paper(s)

It would be nice to have the chance to pin an open paper (similarly to webpages on browsers). I used Mendeley daily, but everytime I close it then the next day I should check for the paper(s) I was reading the last session. Pin a paper (or more than one) could be useful to quickly start from where you left the day before.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add shift+enter to find previous/search backwards

Most applications that I have used with a search function use enter to search and shift+enter to search backwards. See, for example, all mainstream web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari), and most graphical text editors (Atom for one).

Enter is already the 'find next' shortcut in Mendeley's desktop application, so I feel there is no reason not to have shift+enter be 'find previous'.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base