I suggest you ...

Fix scaling to high resolution screens!

Almost unusable on any modern high resolution monitor that almost every other application and modern OS can accommodate. Need better scaling on higher resolution devices. Years don't fully display. The notes box is fixed in size and displays very small (unreadable) font.

188 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sean SachdevSean Sachdev shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Megan BroadwayMegan Broadway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The font is too thin and hard to read on my Surface Pro 2 w Windows 10. Is there a setting somewhere in Mendeley or in Windows where I can change this?

• Suryakiran MaruvadaSuryakiran Maruvada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here. I have a 4K resolution on my laptop and Mendeley desktop application is almost unreadable. The menu, buttons are all misaligned and are in unreadable form.
    I can see lot of people are facing similar issues with high resolution displays. I hope it is fixed soon.

• jessica smithjessica smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS'

• Antonio J. Morales-ArtachoAntonio J. Morales-Artacho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, fix this issue asap... I am considering to change my reference manager because of this problem. The current Mendeley version has scalling issues in my 4k screen...

Thank you for considering it.

• Alex PawlowskiAlex Pawlowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, this still doesn't seem like it's been resolved, but yeah the scaling issue is a real problem with 4K displays. Hopefully this can be addressed. Unfortunately many of the other comments here are via spam so it might be drowning out others who are interested in seeing this. thanks!

• Alexander PerlAlexander Perl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using 1.17 dev 5, which says to fix the resolution problem. This seems to be partially correct. But now the PDF viewer is lagging massively. It flickers when scrolling, and selecting text. This probably is due to a rerendering of the PDF everytime one interacts with it.

Anyway: The status of the PDF Viewer in 1.17 dev 5 makes it unuseable.

• Paul Mac EoinPaul Mac Eoin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's going on with all the spam here?

anyway, yes, Mendeley needs to consider high res screens. I'm on 3200x1800 15" laptop but things don't always display properly.

• Torben OttTorben Ott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem on Asus Zenbook. Also occasional problems with external monitors ans switching between resolutions. And the largest zoom position in the pdf viewer is still so small that it is hard to read on high res screens.

• Brett PetersBrett Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this is still an issue. I use a lenovo yoga 900 laptop (3200 x 1800 resolution) and the UI and year column, as others have suggested, looks terrible.

All the buttons at the top of the screen are super small (Add file/folders/related/share/sync) the search box is really small, and, as others have noted, the year column is cut off.

Hope that this gets fixed soon!

• Brett PetersBrett Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this is still an issue. I use a lenovo yoga 900 laptop (3200 x 1800 resolution) and the UI and year column, as others have suggested, looks terrible.

All the buttons at the top of the screen are super small (Add file/folders/related/share/sync) the search box is really small, and, as others have noted, the year column is cut off.

Hope that this gets fixed soon!

• Andrey PetrovAndrey Petrov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coloumn "Year" shows only first two digits (not even last two) and is useless on high resolution displays...

• Joseph BarraudJoseph Barraud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have recently upgraded to version 1.16.3 that says that problems with high resolution screens are fixed but the years are still cropped. It seems to me that it is more a problem with the layout and resizing of the columns.

Feedback and Knowledge Base