I suggest you ...

Remember open tabs and position within PDFs

When closing Mendeley, have the option to remember the current open PDF documents and also the scroll position you're currently at within the PDF. Similar to what Firefox does with open tabs and what PDF viewers when re-opening a PDF doc.

2,113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ricardo VidalRicardo Vidal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Michael HauserMichael Hauser shared a merged idea: When closing Mendeley, save opened PDF tabs and restore them on next start  ·   · 
Juan Sebastian Tobon CondeJuan Sebastian Tobon Conde shared a merged idea: Recovered your open documents (or session) on the reader browser for next time you open Mendeley  ·   · 
Gaurav WattsGaurav Watts shared a merged idea: Mendley should store current session somewhere and should reopen all the opened files if it crashes or gets shutdown accidently.  ·   · 
BB shared a merged idea: It would be wonderful to be able to save and load sessions (i.e., reload the articles previously used).  ·   · 
Robert OrzannaRobert Orzanna shared a merged idea: Restart with last opened tabs and page numbers  ·   · 
gustavo magalhaesgustavo magalhaes shared a merged idea: provide a "save tabs" when quiting Mendeley (like Firefox for example)  ·   · 
SebastianSebastian shared a merged idea: Save open tabs, as in Firefox.  ·   · 
SS shared a merged idea: Restarting Mendely Desktop with the last State  ·   · 
Marc JMarc J shared a merged idea: reopen pdfs that were open when mendeley was closed  ·   · 
Eben BroadbentEben Broadbent shared a merged idea: remember open PDFs when closing application and reopen them when restarting it  ·   · 
spfspf shared a merged idea: to open documents (pdf) from last session!  ·   · 
Ricardo VidalRicardo Vidal shared a merged idea: Remember open tabs and position within PDFs  ·   · 

159 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amy CizikAmy Cizik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! Or allow us to download a reference list of the opened tabs so we can remember where we left off on something we were working on!!!

• Altus SchoemanAltus Schoeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used all my votes on this suggestion, (over the years).... given the response time and "motivation" behind getting this done... I'll kiss those votes goodbye.

Can we get a deadline on this?

• Paulo FerreiraPaulo Ferreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should we say anything more? UNDER REVIEW SINCE 2012!!!! I received an e-mail from Mendeley staff a couple of months ago and this BASIC and EXTREMELY important feature is still not implemented!!! We are in the year of 2015 !!!!!!!!!!!! Come on MENDELEY, help us keep the world moving on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rasmus LindRasmus Lind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So Mendeley team. Could you please get your finger out your asses and implement this. It would especially be nice since my mendeley has started to be unstable and close unexpectedly several times during the day. that be with 1-5 or 15 articles open at a time.

I dont understand why something like this (should be easy to store memory locally on user computer) is taking soooooooo long when you in turn can update the program on a weekly basis with stuff i dont give a rats ass about and in my opinion is mainly minor add/fixes...
    oh yeah, and dont forget about all the other good ideas you have under review or development for a couple of years ;)

• S Sunil KumarS Sunil Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really surprises me that this feature is still missing in Mendeley! It is an essential feature for a reference manager!

• Harith Al-SahafHarith Al-Sahaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well thank you for the great software. The funny part, I saw that there are many users have suggested very good, important, and yet simple to implement ideas over the past few years. However, I do not remember that you guys have even bothered to reply or response to their comments. For instance, Ricardo Vidal in July 2009 has suggested to include this "Remember open tabs...", which is required by a number of other users too; but the response came after 3 years and 3 months. Moreover, it is 2015 (over 5 years) and the current version still does not provide this feature.

• Weibing ChenWeibing Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this! That will be greatly helpful for me. At least, a "Recently opened paper" is of great help.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base