I suggest you ...

Allow printing of PDF papers within Mendeley Desktop

A simple "Print" menu under File would be good. Control-P doesn't even work now though.

3,673 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Shaneal ManekShaneal Manek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Hassan K. AbdulrahimHassan K. Abdulrahim shared a merged idea: Enable the built-in PDF reader to print the document  ·   · 
AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE ADD A PRINT OPTION !!!! PLEASEEEEEE  ·   · 
Chris WattersChris Watters shared a merged idea: Maybe I'm just missing something but I would have expected to have the ability to directly print the pdf file from the desktop.  ·   · 
BissanBissan shared a merged idea: Print feature  ·   · 
ZhiminZhimin shared a merged idea: Please add a "print" function in the toolbar.  ·   · 
James WilliamsJames Williams shared a merged idea: Add ability to print PDFs from Mendeley  ·   · 
kosyo.markovkosyo.markov shared a merged idea: PDF print option  ·   · 

205 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roberto MoscaRoberto Mosca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this a joke?? In the Mac version you can't even select "Double-side" from the printing dialog box!! PRINTING IS ONE OF THE FUNDAMENTAL, EASIEST THINGS TO IMPLEMENT IN ALMOST ALL THE PROGRAMS, how can it be that after 5 years that we ask for a printing feature it is SO BADLY implemented?!

• Jena ClevelandJena Cleveland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love you for this! Thanks! Works Great! You need to be in a paper to see command in the File menu
    Also - to you haters--- THIS IS A FREE PROGRAM! I appreciate you Mendeley. Thanks for your work

• john doejohn doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have upgraded to the dev channel but I cannot find any sort of option to actually print the PDF. Where is this functionality located?

• Robert KnightRobert Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mendeley Desktop 1.12-dev1 has been released. This is the first version to include printing support for all platforms. You can get it from MD 1.11 by going to 'Help -> Check for Updates -> Opt in To Experimental Releases'.

We're aware of a couple of known issues:

1) Annotations can get clipped in the margins of printed pages

2) If you opt to print only a subset of pages, the annotations sheet is not printed.

In related news, we're also working on some great updates to the Mendeley iOS app for tablet-based reading. Since someone is bound to ask about Android updates, please check the Android thread on this forum for updates on that.

• Graciela PedranaGraciela Pedrana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have problems with version 1.10

Can we have more than one esion in Mendeley desktop in the same computer?
    How can I do this?

• Eric HuertaEric Huerta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is great you are already considering to add this feature. As others have said, it would be very important to have the option to print with, or without, annotations.

• Zareen BharuchaZareen Bharucha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make sure that the version that's coming will allow printing of highlights, annotations and notes :) Otherwise no point!

• David Martí PeteDavid Martí Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this a very important missing feature! Also I would like to have the option to open the folder where the PDF is stored, so that I could print it from there opening it with another software. Right now I have to export it and then print that one.

• Steve DennisSteve Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're currently in development preview releases for our 1.11 release, which should get wide release in the next week or two. Printing is currently scheduled for the release after this (a few months away at most). The bulk of the work is done, we're just polishing and testing.

It's only been 4.5 years right? You all have the patience of saints. (Except for Jessica and Greg below, but it's ok, we understand) :)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base