Secondary tiles for quick access to library folders and live group updates

Academic profile and groups management

Link Mendeley network contacts to People app

567 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul FullertonPaul Fullerton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  MendeleyAdminMendeley (Admin, Mendeley) responded  · 

Mendeley Desktop is supported under Windows 8, but not Windows RT. If you’re planning to buy a Windows-based tablet and you want to run Mendeley on it, get one running Windows 8 (not Windows RT). We’re not planning to work on a ‘Metro’ app ourselves in the near future.

56 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christopher AustinChristopher Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This app would make my life much easier. I currently have to print out articles for meetings and classes. Having a version on my tablet would help save paper and money.

• Nipun MahajanNipun Mahajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Make app for Surface RT. Because both are very handy....Mendeley and Surface RT..and nothing can be best combination than this

• Omar NadeemOmar Nadeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make a windows RT app!! Surface is a productivity based tablet and for many, mendeley is a very important part of that!

• jacob favretjacob favret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just find an intern to port it over and charge $5 for it. poof! you just paid his salary AND you have profit. No self respecting scientist is that much of an apple fanboy.

• harry ivanharry ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is very disappointing that the Mendeley group have completely refused to come up with an app for RT. Is because they are working with iOS companies. But I would really be happy to see an RT app for Mendeley.

• Erica Robyn MastersErica Robyn Masters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been forced to use another program to organize my files since I can not use Mendeley on my Microsoft Surface RT. It is a huge pity, I love your system so much. I spent an unfortunate amount of time organizing my files just to find out you only support iOS systems. This was very disappointing. It is just no use to me if I can only access it on my home desktop and iPhone. Being an extremely busy professional student, my tablet is where most of the action happens and I know I am not alone in this boat.

• Markus ChmielusMarkus Chmielus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Windows 8 app would be fantastic. Snapping Mendeley to the side while working in the main part of the screen would be a great productivity improvement. Furthermore, it would be great if the app would work on Windows RT as well. The Surface 2 and Nokia Lumia 2520 are really nice little tablets and I would really like to use mine to read some papers and add comments.

• Reza HosseiniReza Hosseini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an alternative solution, at least for the people who use Mendeley to cite in their papers. I think it is easier for you to develop your current MS Word plug in.
    I copied the plugin file that Mendeley Desktop installs on Microsoft Word to the startup folder of my tablet. Everything is fine but I think since the plugin retrieves the bibliography information from the desktop app it fails to insert citations.
    I think if you could change it in a way that it retrieves information from my library (which is accessible through web) rather than the desktop app, it will resolve the plugin issue that is inserting citations from my libraries.
    That way one can use the browser interface to manage the libraries and use the plugin for citing material.

• Thomas HawkingThomas Hawking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering the surface is the only affordable tablet that runs full office, mendeley would make it the perfect device for students and academics

• Carli KadishCarli Kadish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have Mendeley available for my RT. It's a fantastic software, but I will have to switch if there isn't going to be a Metro app available. I love this program so please, please develop it for RT.

• Imogen BerminghamImogen Bermingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reconsider! Mendeley is a fantastic way to manage pdfs... I don't use it to cite in word, but to organise and take notes on journal articles. An RT version would be perfect... I'd hate to have to switch.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base