Secondary tiles for quick access to library folders and live group updates

Academic profile and groups management

Link Mendeley network contacts to People app

794 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul FullertonPaul Fullerton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  MendeleyAdminMendeley (Admin, Mendeley) responded  · 

Mendeley Desktop is supported under Windows 8, but not Windows RT. If you’re planning to buy a Windows-based tablet and you want to run Mendeley on it, get one running Windows 8 (not Windows RT). We’re not planning to work on a ‘Metro’ app ourselves in the near future.

71 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sarah BrownSarah Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Cloudbacko home supports Windows as well it can give backup and helps restoring also. Cloudbacko home software is designed for backing up home Windows and Mac desktops and laptops. It can continuously back up your important files and folders to local and cloud storage whenever there is a change in content.

• Andrés BlascoAndrés Blasco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think now, with the launch of Windows 10 and the universal apps, you should rethink the idea. It would be wonderful to have an app in Windows Mobile, Desktop and Tablet only with one development.

• Marie-Eve RiouxMarie-Eve Rioux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be mice taking in consideration to do an apps for window RT. Microsoft plan to continue selling the surface 2 for a long time. There big difference between the surface pro tablet running Window 8 and the surface 2 or 3 tablets for a customer. In the window surface 2 with window RT, all office product are already install on it. One of the most application used by searcher. Its is also more accessible for student and teacher because of the price. The other one (Surface pro) is far more expensive and by the same time less accessible for student, this model also do not come with office product already install, customer need to pay to install those essential products in addition to the price of their tablets. So even, if the surface pro is more easy for company to create product for download because it allow downloading apps, it is so expensive than many customer prefer to buy the window RT which came with office product ! To conclude, it is important to offer them an application for their tablets. To convince you, the window store doesn't have many good application, I believe customer would be ready to pay a reasonable price to get the application instead of buying another tablet or switch for another Company like Apple. Customer shouldn't supposed to be limited in their choice of product because of company application seller preferences of platforms ! Have a good day and keep improving your product !!

• Ievgen GubareniIevgen Gubareni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, if you has no resourses to made Windows RT or Windows Phone 8 application, may anybody use Mendeley API to do it for you another users?

• Duane MorelliDuane Morelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my comment to the already lengthy list of people who would like a Mendeley app for Windows RT

• Allan HodgsonAllan Hodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have bought an iPad instead of this Windows Surface 2, had I known. I bought the Surface to finish off my PhD while on holiday, and have now found that I can't use it, because of the lack of Mendeley.

• Michael StrackMichael Strack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesss please do! I desperately want this. I would even pay for it (crowdfund/buy the app), but of course free is always better =)

The other thing to consider (though I'm not a programmer, so grain of salt) is that with the Windows cross-platform approach it would be a relatively simple value-adding exercise to extend the code to make a Windows Phone app. Which I would also use/buy.

• Lucas MousinhoLucas Mousinho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app Windeley does not work at all, and the reviews are not good too. There is a final decision if the app for Windows 8 RT is going to be developed or not?

• Rita VieiraRita Vieira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe Windows store has na app for that - Windeley - but I'm not sure what the functions are. Hope it helps. If you have any info about it, share...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base