Secondary tiles for quick access to library folders and live group updates

Academic profile and groups management

Link Mendeley network contacts to People app

688 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul FullertonPaul Fullerton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  MendeleyAdminMendeley (Admin, Mendeley) responded  · 

Mendeley Desktop is supported under Windows 8, but not Windows RT. If you’re planning to buy a Windows-based tablet and you want to run Mendeley on it, get one running Windows 8 (not Windows RT). We’re not planning to work on a ‘Metro’ app ourselves in the near future.

65 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Duane MorelliDuane Morelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my comment to the already lengthy list of people who would like a Mendeley app for Windows RT

• Allan HodgsonAllan Hodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have bought an iPad instead of this Windows Surface 2, had I known. I bought the Surface to finish off my PhD while on holiday, and have now found that I can't use it, because of the lack of Mendeley.

• Michael StrackMichael Strack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesss please do! I desperately want this. I would even pay for it (crowdfund/buy the app), but of course free is always better =)

The other thing to consider (though I'm not a programmer, so grain of salt) is that with the Windows cross-platform approach it would be a relatively simple value-adding exercise to extend the code to make a Windows Phone app. Which I would also use/buy.

• Lucas MousinhoLucas Mousinho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app Windeley does not work at all, and the reviews are not good too. There is a final decision if the app for Windows 8 RT is going to be developed or not?

• Rita VieiraRita Vieira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe Windows store has na app for that - Windeley - but I'm not sure what the functions are. Hope it helps. If you have any info about it, share...

• Christopher AustinChristopher Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This app would make my life much easier. I currently have to print out articles for meetings and classes. Having a version on my tablet would help save paper and money.

• Nipun MahajanNipun Mahajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Make app for Surface RT. Because both are very handy....Mendeley and Surface RT..and nothing can be best combination than this

• Omar NadeemOmar Nadeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make a windows RT app!! Surface is a productivity based tablet and for many, mendeley is a very important part of that!

• jacob favretjacob favret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just find an intern to port it over and charge $5 for it. poof! you just paid his salary AND you have profit. No self respecting scientist is that much of an apple fanboy.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base