I suggest you ...

Make Mendeley compatible with Scrivener

It would be great if Mendeley worked with Scrivener for writing large bodies of work, like books, dissertations etc. I'm about to start a Ph.D. and thinking I will have to stop using Mendeley and export all my references to a referencing system that is compatible.

876 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
paula arcaripaula arcari shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
merja emerja e shared a merged idea: Would consider integrating Mendeley with Scrivener  ·   · 
o.roeskyo.roesky shared a merged idea: plug-in for scrivener on mac  ·   · 

103 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PMPM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an academic who recently discovered the wonders of Scrivener, I can't imagine going back to writing any other way. I love Mendeley, too, and I hate being forced to choose between an exceptional writing system and the mechanics of inserting citations.

• sean clawsonsean clawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scrivener is a very useful tool. Mendeley should hop to. I will stop using Mendeley until and unless, it allows integration with Scrivener. For writing manuscripts/thesis, and whatnot organization and writing trumps easy citation/reference ability.

• ruben diasruben dias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gone three years, since the first post of these topic (and are other posts with the same basic idea, here and trough www)

Is Mendeley working on this?

• Bradley FayBradley Fay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been incorporated into the Mendeley Road map yet? Is it even possible to create the integration with Scrivener?

• Vincent HesslingVincent Hessling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I completely agree with Clemen. I don't see the point why such an integration is not on your short-term roadmap. With 810 votes for this only here on the feedback page!

• Clemen ChiangClemen Chiang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Charlotte for your reply.

I am giving up Mendeley and moving on to use other software. This is just ridiculous to wait for your folks for over 1 year for a simple integration.

• Clemen ChiangClemen Chiang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Charlotte replied:
    Hello,

Unfortunately this integration is not on our short-term roadmap. This means we will not begin work on this in the next 3-6 months. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    Regards,

Charlotte

• William HardingWilliam Harding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. I use both scrivener and mendeley and would really appreciate the ability to utilize the two together.

• k pattek patte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have just stumbled upon Scrivener and have already started moving my MFA Thesis from Pages and Word to Scrivener. I am also looking for a free citations and reference management tool to replace Mendeley. Paper is way to expensive put from the demos, it looks pretty sweet. I am even contemplating scheduling my thesis to work with Paper's 30 day free trial. Sorry if I sound like I am promoting for that other software but I hope the folks at Mendeley have heard enough to encourage some type of change or integration with Scrivener.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base