I suggest you ...

Make Mendeley compatible with Scrivener

It would be great if Mendeley worked with Scrivener for writing large bodies of work, like books, dissertations etc. I'm about to start a Ph.D. and thinking I will have to stop using Mendeley and export all my references to a referencing system that is compatible.

1,055 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
paula arcaripaula arcari shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
merja emerja e shared a merged idea: Would consider integrating Mendeley with Scrivener  ·   · 
o.roeskyo.roesky shared a merged idea: plug-in for scrivener on mac  ·   · 

121 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lea SchickLea Schick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please please please make an integration with scrivener. I have now survived to write my articles for my PhD in word, because I could not keep track of references in scrivener. But now I am starting the actual long dissertation which I will not survive writing in word!!!

• Lonneke van HeugtenLonneke van Heugten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am thinking of starting to use Scrivener for my PhD, but without Mendeley integration, it would be hard to keep track of all the references! Please provide integration!

• Gert HilgersGert Hilgers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vote #1000. And I couldn't agree more. Mendeley has some advantages over Endnote for me, but without a working integration with Scrivener it's just not up to the task of serious academic use.

• david gibsondavid gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. However, please offer users the choice of whether to have the option to simply insert the author-date format for citations, e.g. (AuthorName, 2014) Please put this on your development roadmap. Scrivener is a wonderful text/outline/organization writing tool (as opposed to a tool such as Word or Pages that is oriented towards page layout writing.

Thank you

• Brett NadlerBrett Nadler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! After getting hooked on the features of Scrivener, I would be loath to not have the best workflow.

• Kristina CurroKristina Curro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ack! I am trying out Scrivner and really like it, but there's no Mendeley integration!? I would love this feature; I'd hate to have to switch reference managers.

• Robbin GheeslingRobbin Gheesling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! It would have been great to have my Mendeley in one of the split windows in Scrivener. I just wrote my thesis flipping between Evernote, Mendeley and Scrivener.

• Douglas HeathDouglas Heath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an ideal addition to both popular programs. End Note is quite expensive unless your institution has a deal going, this licence also doesn't last once you are not a student. The guys at Scrivener would be helpful integrating this functionality too I'm sure.
    Looking forward to this request hitting 1000 votes.

• Otto StraussOtto Strauss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very very keen to have this. Scrivener works a charm but it is a real nuisance not having a reference app that integrates appropriately

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base