I suggest you ...

Make Mendeley compatible with Scrivener

It would be great if Mendeley worked with Scrivener for writing large bodies of work, like books, dissertations etc. I'm about to start a Ph.D. and thinking I will have to stop using Mendeley and export all my references to a referencing system that is compatible.

1,211 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
paula arcaripaula arcari shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
merja emerja e shared a merged idea: Would consider integrating Mendeley with Scrivener  ·   · 
o.roeskyo.roesky shared a merged idea: plug-in for scrivener on mac  ·   · 

153 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim BudgeTim Budge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I can do is add my request. TOP PRIORITY! I love both Mendeley and Scrivener and would like to see some compatibility.

• Gaby WolferinkGaby Wolferink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be so happy if this were to be reality. I love Mendeley, have been using it for years now, but with a project as immense and chaotic as my PhD Word doesn't suffice, and I really would love for Scrivener and Mendeley to work together!

• Jan MalcolmJan Malcolm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a plug in for Mendeley would mean I could stop using Word until I've completely finished my dissertation in 2 years time...and that would be a great thing because even a 10,000 word doc in word isn't particularly stable

PLEASE consider it!

• Malcolm MacGarvinMalcolm MacGarvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Writing as a skeptic, Scrivener is a significant advance beyond conventional word processors to an ideas processor for creative (including creative technical, this is not an oxymoron!) writing. It goes halfway (for other citation managers) by being able to cope with citation placeholders pasted in but hopefully Mendeley will do what it takes to provide a full inline citation implementation. I'd suggest Mendeley both look at the star ratings it is getting in the Apple App Store (although it is also PC), and download the trial and play with it if not already done so.

• William GibsonWilliam Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an important issue - I would use Scrivener as my default writing software were it not for the absence of a plugin like this.

• Mary BriggsMary Briggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All three votes! This is my only issue with Mendeley, so I hope this is addressed soon. I'm trying not to be discouraged by the fact that this was suggested in 2012.

• Robert OrzannaRobert Orzanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately I have no votes left to increase the visual counter. However, as a prospective PhD students I am also pledging for this feature. Otherwise I feel that I have to switch back to Zotero.

• Storme TruscottStorme Truscott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can copy a formatted citation from Mendeley Desktop and paste it in Scrivener, and therefore it is useful for the Bibliography but I can't add it as an inline citation (within the body of the text I am writing). Could you add this please?

• Caroline AppletonCaroline Appleton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread goes back a ways - but the consistency of people wanting this plugin *should* make this a priority. As a PhD student, I want to use both Scrivener and Mendeley for my work!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base