I suggest you ...

android

An android app to access Mendely from android phones would be welcome (when all bugs in the desktop app are fixed ;-)

Best

Claude

7,879 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
cchevaleyrecchevaleyre shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Karen ScheldeKaren Schelde shared a merged idea: Mendeley for android systems, please  ·   · 
Andreas PanagopoulosAndreas Panagopoulos shared a merged idea: Application for Android users  ·   · 
Mahesh RaoMahesh Rao shared a merged idea: Mendley for Android  ·   · 
Jefferson CyprianoJefferson Cypriano shared a merged idea: Do an android app would be the best!  ·   · 
Sara BorgströmSara Borgström shared a merged idea: Make a ANDROID version - 6000 votes can't be ignored any more!  ·   · 
ss shared a merged idea: Android version please!  ·   · 
Anonymous shared a merged idea: Android Mendeley ASAP pls. Android is best selling platform now in UK and it would be great to have Mendeley on there. Thks  ·   · 
FabioFabio shared a merged idea: An android app to access Mendely. A must  ·   · 
mikemike shared a merged idea: make notes inside Android App  ·   · 
Chan Tze LeongChan Tze Leong shared a merged idea: It would be good if you could include Android based tablets as part of the platform support.  ·   · 
AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: MENDELEY android app  ·   · 
Jitendra GosaiJitendra Gosai shared a merged idea: ANDROID APP  ·   · 
Sencer SelcukSencer Selcuk shared a merged idea: there is a request for android phone app -do not forget the tablets!  ·   · 
lissa v. younglissa v. young shared a merged idea: android android android android android PLEASE!!! Thank You!  ·   · 
AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: To make a Mendeley app available for other smartphones: Android, Windows 7, Symbian  ·   · 
Eduardo ReisEduardo Reis shared a merged idea: Mendeley for more mobile devices  ·   · 
ekmekm shared a merged idea: get a version supported by android  ·   · 
ckck shared a merged idea: mendeley for android tablet pc  ·   · 
Jeff HollinsJeff Hollins shared a merged idea: Create a google android app  ·   · 
started  ·  MendeleyAdminMendeley (Admin, Mendeley) responded  · 

Hey everyone. We’ve finally got to a point where it makes sense to start getting a small number of you to help us alpha-test the android app.

The link below contains a short application form, and some details (please read them) about the test itself, and what to expect from the version you’ll be testing.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MendeleyAndroidAlpha

If you aren’t selected for the initial round of testers, sorry, but we’ll continue to bring more and more testers on board as we add features and fix bugs.

The test is being run via the Google Pay store, and you will need a valid Google+ login in order to download the app.

As always, you can follow our progress here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fgJdlcT8QKILPThJoa7aWDSQdmT8yQwXQMewW18HSPM/edit?usp=sharing

516 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christopher HoldgrafChristopher Holdgraf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a place we can go for an update on this? It looks like the comments section here is being spammed more than constructively commented-on...

• Stephen BannisterStephen Bannister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks very much for the update - { Scholarly just does not work ; crashes all the time ; so am really looking forward to your true Mendeley android app }

• Marc VidalMarc Vidal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good job ! According to the youtube video, the app seems really nice.
    Thank you for the regular update !

• Mustafa ElsayedMustafa Elsayed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be very useful. I hope it will have all capabilities of the desktop software, e.g. sharing, groups,..

• Martin BoMartin Bo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be wonderful! mendeley on android. I really apriciate it. I hope that annotiations will also work!!!

• Steve DennisSteve Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Elwyn Portrait and Landscape modes are both fully supported on tablets and phones, the video is just designed to show a tiny sneak peek. I'll demo it in the next video I do in a couple of weeks if you like. :)

• Elwyn DaviesElwyn Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The preview is looking good.. But (of course, there is a 'but') I didn't see auto-rotate demonstrated.

Please don't forget landscape mode which is very useful for larger tablets. And it is probably easier to integrate landscape mode in the early stages rather than trying to retrofit it afterwards.

Personally (with an ASUS Transformer tablet) I would find a portrait mode only application irritating to the point where I would quite possibly not use it and stick with Scholarley which handles it nicely.

• Bruno CostaBruno Costa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks good. Giving the posibility to remove pdf after is great, since space on mobile devices is fairly limited

• Eunjeong ParkEunjeong Park commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are wonderful and definitely doing a good job at listening! But I think It would be more delightful if the app launched ASAP, even with minimal features and rough designs. The world needs this app so bad :)

• Javier BrosioJavier Brosio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a problem when tried to use Scholarley and I hope you can fix it in the official app. I have a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210), and the Samsung's Android version installed in the device (4.1.2) doesn't allow the app to write on files stored in an ext. SDCard.
    Scholarley developer wasn't able to solve this issue, I hope the Mendeley team have better luck!!
    Thanks!

• MendeleyAdminMendeley (Admin, Mendeley) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tom: We've been in contact with the developer of Scholarley regarding our new APIs that are about to be released. We definitely still want people to develop alternative Mendeley apps (Like Papership for Mac/iOS), but regarding the future of these apps you'd need to talk to the developers themselves.

• Tom ReesTom Rees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What does this mean for thrid-party Apps, such as Scholarley? Is development of them going to be abandoned?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base