I suggest you ...

create subfolders like the created on "My Library" in the folder where Mendeley copies the files.

You can choose where the Mendeley will copy your papers. Would be cool, if it create subfolders in this folder like those created on "My library"

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rafael RuiRafael Rui shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nikolaos ChatziandreouNikolaos Chatziandreou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function has been missing for years. I don't understand why other database type of programs (e.g. iTunes) can create subfolders in the OS to reflect the organisation of the database catalogue but Mendeley can't do it. It makes me feel so insecure that if something happens to Mendeley, I will be left with a huge folder of unsorted PDF files - which will be completely useless! I've even thought about abandoning Mendeley altogether because of this and switch to using the computer's OS for organising PDFs (especially now that newer OSs offer tags!). Mendeley - flexibility is an asset that will keep and draw more users to use Mendeley! Closing it up will make people go!

Feedback and Knowledge Base