I suggest you ...

Assign a label in "All Document" section for each pdf to show the folder that it belongs to.

Assume you import a large amount of pdf to your Mendeley Desktop. Now you create some folders and subfolders to categorize your PDFs.
Then you go to "All Documents" and try to categorize pdfs. you do it for 50 PDFs and for some reason decide to do the rest later.
After a while you open Mendeley to categorize the rest, so you go to all documents. Your problem starts!! You don't know which one is categorized before. I mean you cannot recognize the 50 PDFs which you already categorized in "All Document" section.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Majid RafieeMajid Rafiee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephanie RamosStephanie Ramos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto x100.... I'm having the hardest time determining which documents I already added to a group and which I did not. Since I can't just print the lists, it's requiring me to have 2 computers open simultaneously to determine which are missing.

• Marie-Jean ThoravalMarie-Jean Thoraval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem is also true for sub-folders in groups. It would be nice to have another column listing folders and tags to be able to organize the entries from the main panel.
    Maybe something like Gmail?
    If there are too many tags, maybe an option "Show folders" and "Show tags" in the main panel could be done. Activating this option would make each entry slightly higher, allowing the list of folders or tags to appear on the next line. Different highlighting colours could be used to identify the entries that have a tag or a folder.

Feedback and Knowledge Base