I suggest you ...

Version 0.9.7 does not extract references from the pdf file

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Elsayed HemayedElsayed Hemayed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was the feature to extract formatted citations ever re-introduced? Or is there an alternative now, two years later?

Thanks

• Mark van HeeswijkMark van Heeswijk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason i started using this software was this claim on the website that it can extract the references. If working correctly, i expect It would be a great time-saver for researchers, and a very nice distinguishing feature for Mendeley. I hope this previously included feature will make it back into the program to make it better than it already is.

• bernd.ebersbergerbernd.ebersberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dear mendeleys. admittedly the extraction of references has not worked perfectly. but it was GOOD enough to be THE reason to use mendeley. just upgraded my account but now as this killer-feature is missing i really contemplate to go back to my previous (free) model. strangely it is still claimed at http://www.mendeley.com/organize-research-collaboration/ that mendeley extracts citations... which it does not do anymore. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A GOOD MOVE! b.

• Robert KnightRobert Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello - This feature was removed in 0.9.7 because it was consuming a fair amount of resources (client and server side) without providing enough value. We plan to re-introduce it in an improved form in future.

• Elsayed HemayedElsayed Hemayed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the new version 0.9.7 missed one of the good feature of previous versions, that is to auto extract the references from a pdf file and to show these references so we can add them to our library.

Feedback and Knowledge Base